Floating along on the river of life somewhere between ancient (ref: children) and you’re only as old as you feel; I have enough life to look back upon and enough future to not be afraid of change. I am a lifelong dreamer with a fascination for learning, a love of history & science, a craving for the rural, and a fervent wish to understand the incomprehensible mess we are making of our society and our world.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley
- Interests: Photography – History – Science -Art – Music – Literature – Film – Astronomy – Travel – Theatre
- Music: Eclectic; with the exception of my love affair with Jazz
- Photography: Josef Hoflehner – Jehad Nga – Henri Cartier Bresson – Norio Matsumoto – Jeanloup Sieff – Nuri Bilge Ceylan
- History: Ottoman Empire – Middle Ages – Jacobean Era – Mesopotamia
- Art: Surrealism & Pre-Raphaelite
- Astronomy: Magnetars
- Travel: Tristan da Cunha
- Tools: Sleepless nights & moments of freedom
- Work: English Heritage
Isychia; a few words whispered.